Ranjodh did his mechanical engineering, coming from roots of family business, with strong automotive history. Inspite of inherting business values, he has singularly been to carve out a distinct identity for himself not only carrying his lineage forward but also in the field of Art and Social Work.
He joined as Project Engineer in 1989 in GS Radiators Ltd. And worked in various capacities efficiently. From being the Executive Director in 1992, he came to be Business / Chairman & Managing Director of GST GROUP in the year 2004.
Ranjodh Singh was elected as President of Ramgarhia Educational Council (REC), which runs 6 Educational institutions in Ludhiana as follows:-
- Ramgarhia Girls College
- Ramgarhia Sr. Sec School
- Ramgarhia Girls Sr. Sec School
- Ramgarhia Elementary School
- Ramgarhia Co-ed high School\
- Ramgarhia Swarag Asharam,GT Road,Dholewal.
He is the youngest President of REC and perhaps, of any Punjab university affiliated College. REC is 6 decades old institution and has done commendable work in field of education. It has been providing education to weaker sections of society. REC also manages Gurudwara Ramgarhia and Swarag Ashram.
Ranjodh Singh is presently acting as :-
- President- Punjab Lalit kala Academy since feb,2010-feb.2013.
- Finance Secretary of Guru Nanak Public School, Sarabha Nagar, Ludhiana.
- Vice President of Punjab & Chandigarh Private College Management Association
- Secretary of Neterheen Sangeet Vidhalaya, Anandpur Sahib, which provides free religious education to the blind, handicapped and orphan children.
- President of SPIC MACAY-Ludhiana Chapter- the Society for Promotion of Indian Classical Music Art and Culture amongst Youth.
- Member of Archeological Survey of India since May 2007.
- General Secretary of Auto Parts Manufacturers Association (India) since 27th September,2009.
- Member Senate—Guru Nanak Dev University-2009-2012;..
- Chairman –Creativity Council, Ishmeet Singh Music Institute, Ludhiana
- Patron- Sankara Eye Hospital, Ludhiana
As if all this was not enough, he is a thorough creative person as far as arts are concerned. He even received the state award for photography on Republic Day, 2004 from the then Chief Minister of Punjab; ‘VIRSA PUNJAB DA’ Award presented by Jagran Punjabi on 12 May,2012 AS “PUNJABI ARTIST OF THE YEAR” in a glittering ceremony; with chief guest-Bhagat Chunni Lal, Minister Local Bodies, Punjab, Sh.Nishikant Thakur and S.Shangara Singh Bhullar. There is a long list of awards he received for his social services too.
He has to his credit some notable and unputdownable wonderful books that include a unique coffee table book ‘Japuji Sahib – Prayer of the Soul’, which is the first ever translation/transliteration of Guru Nanak’s Japuji with photographic illustrations. Then there is a tri-lingual book on ‘Nankana Sahib and Sikh shrines in Pakistan’, a book on Hemkunt Sahib, [email protected] – Original and not so Original Ideas that can change your life’.
The kind of person I have known him is that he is an ever-restless soul, who would want to improve this world with his unique and creative ideas. Venturing out on his bicycle in his cycling group he is carrying forward his pledge to contribute his bit to making this world a better place. Waiting till I hear about his next exciting and wonderful adventure!
I am reminded of Sahir Ludhianvi’s couplet:
Maana ki iss zameen ko na gulzar kar sake
Kuchh khar kam toh kar gaye guzare jidhar se hum
Ranjodh Singh seems to be on a mission like that…Amen!